Lawnmower FLY056 Drive Belt Stock Number: ES552654
Will this part fit my Appliance?
Lawnmower FLY056 Drive Belt
If the motor is humming along nicely but the blade isn't spinning properly, you may simply need a replacement drive belt. This spare from Flymo is designed to save your mower from being relegated to the bin. You'll soon be able to enjoy the perfect lawn in the sun.
- Type: FLY056
Genuine spare part suitable for select models of Flymo lawnmowers.
Important - Please Note: For certain models this spare is PNC/Product number dependent. Please ensure that when checking your model compatibility from the model list shown, that your specific PNC number is listed under "Important".
Alternatively you can contact our Call Centre with this information so we can advise if the spare is suitable. Your PNC number will begin with a 9 and be at least 7 digits long.
10 Questions and 17 Answers
Model G350 Product no.966019241. I need to remove the above in order to release the motor and hence fit a new belt. There are two screws holding the rear of the orange cover onto the base but that is all. There is no exact model match in your belt replacement videos but a similar model is shown as having a third screw at the front of the cover. Mine does not have this or any further screw or screws. On releasing the two screws mentioned one can prise the cover up slightly but something is holding it firmly in place. Can you please advise what to do ?
- I agree with TRG from Ludlow. There are 2 screws that are visible when the grass collector is removed & a lug that can be got at with the roller removed. The roller bar is held by two spring clips and can be easily prized out. The tab holding the lug I found I needed two screwdriver blades in order that the first part didn't slip back in again. If Graham A found a second screw then perhaps there was a change in design. There is a screw through the base visible with the impellor removed but this holds the driver assembly along with 4 other screws.
- There are only 2 screws holding the motor cover not 3. Once you have removed the two screws remove the roller at the front. Once removed, you will see an orange lug over the grey retainer. Use a wide screw driver to push the orange lug so it dis-engages from the grey plastic retainer. Now ease the motor cover from the grey skirt one side at a time. You will need a screw driver again to do this. Also the screws in my Glider 350 are only torx
- I've just had my 350 in bits and also struggled with removing the nose cone cover. I was starting to use brute force to muscle the cover off when i noticed a third retainig screw. It is located on the out side front of the mower body, up from the front rollers, in the centreline. The screw is horizontal and goes through an extension post coming down from the nose cone cover. It is the same size screw as the other two used to locate the cover. It is hard to see unless you are looking for it as it gets covered in dust etc. Hope this helps
Chris at eSpares says...
The second image of the cover (Stock Number: ES1668863) shows the two screw fixing points. The front edge has a lip that when the screws are removed will allow the cover to hinge away from the back and unhook.
- I have ordered a replacement drive belt and I have been trying to remove the cover without success. I have tried every way to get the thing off including your suggestion. It is now a year since DGO asked the above question is there any further information on how to solve this problem. Thank You James McPhail.
Chris at eSpares says...
We do not have an exploded diagram or information for your model but similar models (GL340 & 360) seem to have a cover that has two fixing screws and the lower lip appears to clip in place. Try carefully prising apart using a flat bladed screwdriver.
- No instructions but if you watch the video on this site that shows how to change the motor, you can see how the belt is fitted. But be aware that you need a Pozidriver to get the motor cover off and a "Torx" driver to release the motor.
- no but all you have to do is take off motor cover remove bolts hholding motor slacken off motor fit belt tension belt and refit
Flymo HC300 lawnmower belt 2 Answers
The product no. is 9633032-01, Serial No. 64800538, Model: Flymo HC 300, - I am looking for a belt for this lawn mower, the number of the belt is: 5130544-00, will this alternate product fit?
- The J4 belt as described above is a genuine Flymo spare for the HC 300 compact mower. You will also need a"Pozidriver" for the motor cover and a "Torx" Driver to remove the motor itself. I suggest you watch the video on this site on changing the motor it shows all you need to know on fitting the belt
Rory at eSpares says...
Hi Princealijaan, this belt is an exact replacement for your old belt, number 5130544-00! It'll fit your Hover Compact 300 perfectly.
drive belt 1 Answer
I fitted a new geniune flymo belt to my easiglide 300v mower last August,(this is the second or third) it has hardly been used on what I would call a small lawn area and has started to show signs of ware all ready,can you tell me why and what can be done to prolong the life of the belt,Ive allways used genuine flymo belts purchased from you.
Chris at eSpares says...
If the belt 'squeals' when you first start the motor it indicates slipping so would need tightening. If the belt is continually rubbing on the case or pulley lip check motor and pulley alignment and for bearing wear.