When your Hoover washing machine has let you down, don’t let it beat you! If you can see E08 on the control panel, or an LED light is flashing eight times before pausing then repeating, you can narrow down your search to find the cause of the fault. The E08 error code that your machine is displaying relates to problems with the motor, usually with the motor speed sensor.
Different number code being displayed? See our full list of Hoover washing machine error codes.
How to Diagnose and Fix Fault Code E08
You may be able to get an idea of the fault causing the E08 error code before you open your machine up. If your washer was spinning to high speeds then stopping this behaviour indicates a problem with the motor speed sensor. If the drum is not turning at all there could be a problem with the motor itself.
To investigate further:
- Switch off and unplug your machine.
- Check the motor speed sensor.
- Check the wiring and connections to the speed sensor.
- If the motor is not turning check the motor itself.
Once you’ve replaced the faulty part and reconnected any loose wiring your washing machine should no longer be displaying an error code when you switch it back on.
Not sure where to start? If you’d prefer to leave the repair to a professional engineer instead we recommend Repaircare. They offer:
- A fixed price quote – all parts included
- Local engineers across the UK
- Polite and efficient service from fully qualified and experienced professionals
You can easily contact them by ringing 0844 557 9571 or click here to get an instant quote online.