Bosch Washing Machine & Dishwasher Professional Limescale and Grease Remover - Pack of 12 for SGS5682EU/20 Stock Number: ES664212
Will this part fit my Appliance?
This product is compatible with:
- Washing Machines
Professional Limescale and Grease Remover - Pack of 12
Smelly washing machine? Remove detergent and limescale residues that can lead to appliance problems. This Limescale and Detergent Remover is a descaler that cleanses dishwashers and washing machines, removing limescale, grease and detergent build-up. Suitable for all makes and models of washing machines and dishwashers.
The most cost-effective way to prolong the life of your appliance.
- Box contains 12 sachets
Please Note: Not suitable for top loading appliances
Hard water leads to deposits building up in your appliance, which reduces its efficiency and leads to premature failure. In fact, British Water say that even a 1.6mm coating of limescale on a heating element can make it up to 12% less effective.
All types of water can cause a build-up of detergent residue inside your machine, which can lead to blockages. This build-up provides an environment for bacteria to thrive causing unpleasant odours.
If you're not sure if you live in a hard or soft water area, try our limescale postcode checker.
By simply using one descaler sachet per month your machine will benefit from the following:
- Reduces limescale build-up from internal parts
- Eliminates powder build-up and odour-causing bacteria
- Hygienically cleans all internal parts
- Maximises the efficiency of your appliance
- If used immediately with new appliances, reduces the detergent quantity by up to a third
To download COSHH details click here
32 Questions and 41 Answers
For instance is the Limescale and Detergent Remover the best thing or is there something more suitable.
- Bleach is pretty good for removing mould growth, or a cleaning spray containing bleach. Once it's clean, as someone else suggested, try leaving the machine door & detergent drawer open between washes to allow air to circulate.
- Leave the washing machine door open between uses, air circulation will help prevent mould build up. We have done so from purchase & there's no mould after 15yrs. Be aware that pets may chew the rubber seal or climb inside the machine! [Hotpoint WM63]
- Have you tried "Washer Magic"? It can be used on a cloth to wipe away the nasty gunk that builds up inside the door of the machine. Pour the rest in to the detergent drawer & run it empty on a hot wash, this will clean the whole machine: element, pipes, etc. Result, a clean like-new machine. Good luck!
- Try Milton steralizing sachets in an empty drum on a wool wash - it freshens up the whole washing machine without risk of any damage. These sachets are magic for soaking items or washing items with mildew on them that have inadvertently been stored damp!!
Rory at eSpares says...
Hi Cathi Unfortunately we do not stock black mould remover, however you can buy it from most supermarkets and hardware stores. This product will remove the black mould and comes with simple to follow instructions. To remove the majority of the mould you can use these e-cloths: http://www.espares.co.uk/part/cleaning-products/laundry-cleaning/p/1427/0/0/0/978618/e-cloths---set-of-2.html I would advise you to wear goggles or a mask when performing this task as the mould can give off spores which can cause and aggravate allergies and illnesses. In future, to avoid the build up of black mould, use high temperature washes (50 or 60 degrees) and use detergents that contain bleach.
fabric softener drawer 3 Answers
My fabric softener wont go into the machine - will this product help?? We live in hardwater area
- This sounds as if you are left with the softener in the drawer after the wash. It should syphon out after extra water is pumped into the drawer before the final rinse. The holes that let this water in can become blocked by black mould so insufficient water comes in. If you get down low and look up at the underside of the hole where the drawer goes you should see a series of small holes - you may need a torch. Give them a poke with a small brush - a single tuft toothbrush is ideal.
Samara at eSpares says...
HI Helenpj, in addition to Rory's advice - if you haven't already: the whole drawer that your detergent and softener can probably be removed from the machine (by pushing down a tab on the top as you pull the drawer out). I would recommend removing the drawer from the machine and giving it a thorough clean in addition to the area that the drawer slots into. Sometimes if crystal detergent gets mixed with fabric softener it can gum up that dispenser area.
Rory at eSpares says...
Hi Helenpj As you live in an area with hard water limescale can build up in the pipes of your washing machine or dishwasher. We would recommend this product as it will clean out the waterworks of your appliance and allow fabric softeners and detergents to run smoothly in to the machine, leaving your clothes garden fresh!
Can I use this on my machine? 2 Answers
Hi, Can this be used on any washing machine, it's just that I noticed it has several makes printed on the box. Kind Regards, Mark Leaming
- I have used this for the first time recently in our Tricity Bendix Washing Machine, and no noticeable after effects, even though Tricity Bendix is not listed on the box. Our washing machine is at least 15 years old. Hope this helps. Rose - Willenhall, West Midlands
eSparesToby at eSpares says...
Yes this is suitable for all different washing machines. Just follow the instructions!
tank to soften the water for the whole house?
- I do think so, especially if you live in a hard water area. It would be much more expensive if your machine got clogged up with limescale.
eSparesToby at eSpares says...
If you're tablet already contains anti-limescale elements in it then it shouldn't be necessary unless you want to really clean the machine out in one go. As for putting it into the cold water tank, that wouldn't be advisable.