Universal Cooker Hood Grease Filter Stock Number: ES462032
Will this part fit my Appliance?
This product is compatible with:
- Cooker Hoods - With Appropriate Dimensions (Please See The Description)
Universal Cooker Hood Grease Filter
If you've found the grease filter for your cooker hood is in need of changing, maybe it's time for eSpares to help. This universal filter is suitable for most cooker hoods and easy to replace, leaving you comfortable in the knowledge that your home is as hygienic as possible.
- Code: UGF005
- Also Known As: Paper Filter
- Replacement grease filter for most cooker hoods
- Size: 470 x 970mm
Cooker Hood Maintenance Tips
- Change this filter as soon as it has reached the maximum saturation level, as it will no longer be useful at this point
- Duct the fumes externally in the summer
- Use the cooker hood in recirculation mode in the winter
- It is recommended that you change this filter as soon as it changes colour
This will fit most cooker hoods with the dimensions given above. Part can be cut to size.
7 Questions and 8 Answers
Which way to fit? 2 Answers
I have just purchased these filters. It says to fit with "Indicator Points Facing Downwards". This may be a silly question, but what are the indicator points?
- The indicator points are the side with the printing on and go face down so that you can see them through the grill holes in your cooker hood. The printing will change colour with time and is therefore an "indicator" of grease saturation levels in the filter and when it requires relacement.
- printed on one side only. fit printed side down so it is visible when looking at hood
My Thermor cooker hood (air recycling type) came with a metal grease filter. This has now become unusable (don't ask), and there don't seem to be any replacement available anymore. Could I use one of these universal filters? I'm not quite sure yet, how I would secure it, but it might work. I'm just worried that the air flow would be different, which might not suit the hood and damage it?
Chris at eSpares says...
This is a sheet of filter material and would have to be fixed on a supporting grill to be able to fit. If you are unable to locate the part on our website with this information please raise a part enquiry from the link Help Me Find The Part I Need below.
Recirculating Hood filter - confused 1 Answer
I have a recirculating hood and my question is do i need to use a carbon and grease filter or just a carbon filter because the manufacturer currys are not very clear on these essentials visor hood.
Chris at eSpares says...
You do not need a carbon filter if you are venting out only if you recirculate the air and want to remove smells.
hoe often do you replace 1 Answer
Caitlin at eSpares says...
These cooker hood grease filters are complete with 'saturation indicators' which will change colour when they need to be replaced. The time between changes will be dependent on how often you use your cooker hood.
Rory at eSpares says...
Hi gillgws, if your hood has metallic grease filters, you won't need these fabric ones. To enhance your filters' performance, remove them and give them a good scrub; check out this video for help: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/cooker-hoods/a/6/1389/how-to-clean-a-metal-mesh-cooker-hood-filter-.html