Universal Washing Machine and Dishwasher Cold Water Fill Hose - 1.5m Stock Number: ES479537
1.5 metre long universal inlet hose to fit most washing machines and dishwashers
Answer this question
- Washing machine and dishwasher hoses do need to be WRAS approved if no double check valve is installed because the rubber compounds in some hoses contaminate the water in the pipes which in turn feeds into the taps for drinking water... Which is why from time to time some people report foul tasting water from their tap because the hoses have introduced a contaminant into the water. So either need WRAS compliant hoses or a double check valve installed to prevent back flow of water.
Chris at eSpares says...
As this regulation applies to water for human consumption and this is a hose designed for the supply to a washing machine we do not think that this needs to be WRAS approved or is suitable for drinking water. If you are concerned about this we suggest you fit a non return valve to the water tap and for more information see: http://dwi.defra.gov.uk/stakeholders/conferences-seminars/reg31-workshop/wras.pdf
Q&A tips & guidelines
- Focus on the features or function of the product
- Write your question in clear English
- Be polite! Profanity won't be approved
- Don't include personal info
- Don't name other websites
- Don't mention product prices