Tumble Dryer Polyvee Drive Belt - 1860 9PHE Stock Number: ES865678
Will this part fit my Appliance?
Tumble Dryer Polyvee Drive Belt - 1860 9PHE
If you have a belt in your tumble dryer that has worn, stretched out even snapped, it will not be able to spin the drum in your machine - meaning your clothes could be left damp at the end of the cycle. eSpares has this replacement belt, which could be the answer to getting the drive system back up to speed in your tumble dryer.
The Poly-Vee belt (ribbed belt) looks like a flat belt but has V-shaped ribs along the inside for better friction between the drive system and the belt. eSpares could soon get you back to nice dry clothes again, with your tumble dryer performing at its best, in no time!
- Type: Poly-vee belt
- Section: 9PHE
- Length: 1860mm
Please Note: This belt is a stretch type and can be very tight to stretch over the motor spindle, this is normal.
When fitting this belt, try using a belt fit tool which can be found on our site - ES809986.
Genuine spare part suitable for select models of Hotpoint, Indesit, and Ariston tumble dryers.
Please check the list of suitable models to ensure that this spare part will fit your appliance.
12 Questions and 15 Answers
Cant stretch it far enough to get it back on.
- I used the old belt as recommended in the video. I turned the machine on its side and there were some slots in the bottom panel under the motor. Thread the old belt through the slot, around the new belt (which is on the drum) and back through the slot. Then, by pulling on the old belt, the angle was perfect for getting the new belt round the motor spindle.
- Use a long screwdriver & use the motor output shaft as a lever point. Put the screwdriver between the belt & motor output shaft & force down & push the screwdriver down at the same time to lever the belt onto the shaft. May take a few goes. but be patient & it can be done. If you have the side panel off the tumble drier the pressure of the belt will cause the drum to disengage from the front panel, but if you position the unit against something or have someone lend a pair of hands this can be overcome. When the belt is on you need to spin the drum manually & aligh the belt by applying a slight pressure with your fingers on the area where the belt is just contacting the drum. If you don't align the belt it will come off the motor output shaft when rotating as it will track.
eSparesToby at eSpares says...
It may feel like it won't fit on, but it will it just needs to be stretched a lot. If necessary wedge it on using screwdrivers as leverage. Read through this article - http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=104379
It is really tight and when I finally manage to get it on, it's right on the outer edge. This is no good as it just comes off again when the drum starts to spin.
- Once belt is over the drum and body of machine is fixed solid again, remove the nearest screw on the pulley bracket and loosen the other so the pulley pivots on it. Give the belt a god few pulls to stretch a bit. Push pulley towards the drum and put the belt in position over top of pulley wheel. Pull the pulley wheel back into position and push towards the motor so the catch goes into its position. Refasten both screws. Not easy but be patient!
- get a small pipe and put it through the belt and over the end of the motor end drive and turn the drum the belt will slip on good luck
- I had to get mate with the right tool to fit it, as it requires special tool.
I fitted a belt drive from yourselves which i have spoken to the help line and it is the correct one for the TVFS73BGPUK. The belt however is really tight and the motor smells of burning when i try to use a cycle. does anyone know of a way to loosen the drive shaft or something other than calling out an engineer which is all you get from Hotpoint Thanks
eSpares Staff at eSpares says...
The new be very tight when first fitted and you cannot loosen the motor shaft but try stretching the belt as shown in this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWjzoV6HjI just copy and paste into your browser.
eSpares Staff at eSpares says...
You will need to check all the components related to noise issues, we have a video to helpwww.youtube.com/watch?v=u6614TVugVc&t just copy and paste into your browser.
Inside my dryer is different from the one in the video
Dean at eSpares says...
We, unfortunately, do not have a video on this model, but the video does show the dismantle procedure for this type of dryer which should be similar.