RCD Mains Safety Adaptor Stock Number: ES1118203
Will this part fit my Appliance?
This product is compatible with:
- Bosch Lawnmowers
- Flymo Garden Vacuums
- Flymo Hedge Trimmers
- Flymo Electric Grass Trimmers Grass Trimmers
- Flymo Electric Hover Mowers Lawnmowers
- Flymo Electric Wheeled Mowers Lawnmowers
- Flymo Hover Grass Collect Mowers Lawnmowers
RCD Mains Safety Adaptor
Protect yourself from accidental electric shocks
Can be used with all electrical appliances
Extra fast trip action, within 40 milliseconds
Protect yourself and others when using outside electrical equipment by connecting with this RCD. Simply plug the safety plug into the socket and then plug your appliance into the RCD safety plug.
RCD adaptors are simple electrical safety devices for in and around the home and garden. They are ideal for vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, hedge trimmers, or any portable power tool. Ideally, you should use an RCD adaptor with any electrical appliance.
- Power Supply: 250V ~ 50HZ
- Power Current: 13A
- Rated Output: 3200W
- Trip Leakage Current: 30mA
- Provides added protection from electric shocks
- Trips out within 40 milliseconds
- Suitable for UK plugs only
- For outdoor equipment including lawnmowers, grass trimmers, vacuums, pressure washers, portable power tools and garden lights etc
4 Questions and 9 Answers
I've just bought an electric hedge trimmer and I'm worried about cutting through the cable. If I use one of these will I be protected from electric shock if I chop the wire?
- No, these devices are specifically made for people who cut through the mains cable as in hedge trimmers to protect you from electric shock. I think what you need is called a brain.... Hope that helps, cheers.
- fit a rcd
- These RCD are the most saftey concerns for a lot of people and it will definately stop you getting an electric shock as they trip out in a mill sec. Should be a must for every DIY'er
Rory at eSpares says...
Hi Terryc, this RCD plug protects you from electric shocks that can be caused when you go through an electrical cable. The RCD will shut off the power when the current going through it isn't balanced. For a full explanation on how RCDs work, check out this handy website: http://www.explainthatstuff.com/howrcdswork.html
- what ai would do if it was me , I would make up a short extension lead say about 9 inches long (225mm) and plug it into that.
- You can always get a waterproof outside socket with an RCD built in.
- Buy an outside socket with an inbuilt RCD- simple and the best solution? :)
Large iMac, new. I want to protect it from storm surges!
Parminder at eSpares says...
This is intended for use with outdoor electrical equipment only I'm afraid.