Universal 40W E14 Oven Bulb Stock Number: ES654987
Universal bulb that fits most cookers that require an E14 40W bulb
Answer this question
- Tried all of the tips below without success. Then went into the garage and took a pair of reinforced rubber gloves (the type that are a fabric material dipped in a rubber-type solution) and it unscrewed without hardly any effort. If you haven't got any, ask a friend or neighbour that messes around with cars or motorbikes and they'll probably have a pair you might borrow.
Chris at eSpares says...
See Stock Number: ES1123508 as check the reviews of this product as it makes a great difference.
- Use this device its great, it is so easy you will wonder why it didn't come with oven; Neff Lamp Cover Remover Tool it can be bought from this site, this is the link http://www.espares.co.uk/reviews/cookers-and-hobs/neff/u1721n0gb%2F02/p/1092/1126/0/654787/1123507/lamp-cover-remover-tool.html?gclid=COuPlKCR0LYCFXDMtAodMUQAMw
- Put your Marigolds on and persist!
Michael at eSpares says...
Hi Crilly, We've had a lot of feedback on this issue and have since introduced a light cover removal tool. This should make the job a lot easier, see it here.
- I guess this depends on the oven model. I recently replaced the bulb in our main (Neff) oven. The glass cover unscrewed though it was a little tight to shift at first. The bulb is also a screw fitting and is quite recessed in its housing. It's just possible to get enough grip on the glass to unscrew it. The whole task took a couple of minutes to complete. No tools required.
- If located at the top rear right hand side you should be able to unscrew the lamp cover by turning it anti-clockwise. To prevent damage place a towel into the oven bottom. These can be really stubborn - if no good with the oven cold, try warming it up to say 70 degrees C and allow it to cool a little and while still warm try removing again. Neff's call centre suggest vinegar to help loosen it.
Q&A tips & guidelines
- Focus on the features or function of the product
- Write your question in clear English
- Be polite! Profanity won't be approved
- Don't include personal info
- Don't name other websites
- Don't mention product prices