Got an unexplained code or flashing LED on your Hoover washer dryer display panel? Let us demystify the code! When you see E13 displayed, or an LED continuously blinking thirteen times between pauses, this is your machine’s way of letting you know precisely what has gone wrong with it. In this case error code E13 relates to a fault with either the control board, dryer heater or temperature sensor.
Different number code being displayed? See our full list of Hoover washing machine error codes.
How to Diagnose and Fix Fault Code E13
How can you tell precisely what is causing the fault? You’ll need to do some investigating inside your machine:
- Switch off and unplug the washer dryer.
- Check the heating element.
- Check the temperature sensor.
- Check the connections between the control board and both the element and the temperature sensor.
Once you know the cause of the problem you can fix the broken connection or replace the offending part. Fixing the issue could be as simple as securing a loose connection, or could involve replacing the control board.
Either way, when the machine is switched back on it should no longer be displaying an error code if the fault has been taken care of.
Not sure where to start? If you’d prefer to leave the repair to a professional engineer instead we recommend Repaircare. They offer:
- A fixed price quote – all parts included
- Local engineers across the UK
- Polite and efficient service from fully qualified and experienced professionals
You can easily contact them by ringing 0844 557 9571 or click here to get an instant quote online.