What does that blinking light or strange code on the front of your Hoover washing machine mean? If your washer’s not functioning normally and you can see either E05 or five flashes repeating in between pauses on the display panel, your machine is displaying an error code. Error code E05 relates to a problem with the water temperature sensor.
Different number code being displayed? See our full list of Hoover washing machine error codes.
How to Diagnose and Fix Fault Code E05
To get to the bottom of your Hoover washing machine temperature sensor problems, follow the below steps:
- Switch off and unplug your washing machine.
- Check the temperature sensor wiring and connections. (You’ll find the sensor at the back of your machine on the drum.)
- If there’s no fault with the wiring or connections replace the temperature sensor.
Once you’ve fixed any loose connections or fitted a new temperature sensor if necessary the fault should be gone. When you switch on your machine again everything should be back to normal.
Not sure where to start? If you’d prefer to leave the repair to a professional engineer instead we recommend Repaircare. They offer:
- A fixed price quote – all parts included
- Local engineers across the UK
- Polite and efficient service from fully qualified and experienced professionals
You can easily contact them by ringing 0844 557 9571 or click here to get an instant quote online.