Tumble Dryer Rear Drum Bearing Stock Number: ES865498
Will this part fit my Appliance?
Tumble Dryer Rear Drum Bearing
Your tumble dryer's drum won't be able to tumble properly without all its bearings in good order. Replace a damaged or faulty rear drum bearing with this replacement from eSpares and you can be sure of getting a better drying performance leaving you with dry cloths again!
- Type: Teardrop shape
Genuine spare part for select models of Hotpoint, Indesit, Ariston, Proline and Creda tumble dryers.
Please check the list of suitable models to ensure that this spare part will fit your appliance.
10 Questions and 12 Answers
Are there any "ball" bearings with this? 3 Answers
This part has worn through on my tuble dryer - question is should there originally have been some ball bearing between the shaft and this part? I can see the sfaft of the drum does have a thinner bit where balls may have sat? Thanks
- If the hole in the teardrop bearing has elongated towards the bottom and the dryer has recently been more noisey you may just need to change the teardrop bearing without the need to change the shaft. To check if the shaft is okay, accurately measure the bearing retaining self tapping screw hole from the centre, then mark and drill a new temporary hole for the self tapping retaining screw the same distance from the centre but 180 degrees opposite the original hole, this will enable you to rotate the bearing around 180 degrees so the elongated part is now near the top and the shaft will rest on the unworn part of the bearing. If the dryer then works with no drum noise then the shaft is okay and you just need a new teardrop bearing.
- Can I just add that the shaft part that looks like it has had ball bearings in, actually looks like that because it has worn a groove in it because it has gone right through the bearing part itself into the casing. So you will need a new shaft also.
- no this part is made to wear
hello i was wondering if this fits in the square bearing bracket or is it retained by a bolt / rivet in the smaller hole ? thanks Enda
- No. There are two types of bearing, the one pictured and the square version - they are not interchangeable.
- this part fits with great ease, two screws to remove the bearing cover, then one screw through the small hole, take around five minutes to remove and fit.
I have worn out my bearing at the rear of my vtd00g. I see the bearing replacement kit and a new belt and the bearing housing, however, where does this bearing go? Thanks
- this is not a replacement for a carbon bearing, this fits on the end of the shaft.
- the bearing goes on the rear back cover there is one hole were it fits through and the shaft on the rear of the drum goes in the bearing hole
Chris at eSpares says...
If this bearing has worn through the drum shaft is likely to be damaged and require replacing. If your dryer has three screw heads showing in the centre of the drum kit Stock Number: ES546701 is suitable. If there are no screws showing you will require a kit specifically for the riveted type drum shafts Stock Number: ES1672507 order the correct type for your dryer.
Chris at eSpares says...
See the video now attached to this part. Try removing the belt of the motor and checking it rotates easily when moved by hand.