Hoover Washing Machine Door Handle Assembly Stock Number: ES671519
Will this part fit my Appliance?
Washing Machine Door Handle Assembly
Unable to open or close the door on your washing machine because of a damaged handle? eSpares might just have the solution to your problem here, with this replacement door handle. We could soon get you back to being able to easily open and close the door again in no time!
- Kit includes: Handle, spring, and hook
- Colour: Grey
- Due to the appliance age a Universal Grey colour Handle is the only one available.
Genuine spare kit for select washing machines from Candy, Friac, Hoover, Iberna, Kelvinator, Teka, and Zerowatt. Prior to purchase, please see the list of appliances to ensure that this is the right part for you.
3 Questions and 5 Answers
How do you release the existing spring ? 3 Answers
Delighted with the website, so easy to find the required part, and delivery was very quick. Now for the tricky bit ... Is there an easy way to dis-assemble the existing assembly, in particular the spring. I don't want to end up damaging the plastic lips which hold the spring in place.
- File a point on the end of the pin to make it go in easily.
- You need to find a thin screwdriver (or similar) to push out the retaining pin which holds everything in place. If you hold all the parts as you push out the pin, it should come out almost in one piece. Try covering the assembly with Duck Tape to stop it all falling out unexpectedly - it worked for me!
- VERY carefully with smallish screw-driver lever away the bottom leg from lip. This then releases pressure on holding rod. Push up rod from bottom.Simples. The tricky bit is re-assembly. Unless you have 3 hands tackle one stage at a time. Have plenty of cups of tea
It seems that having read some of the reviews of this item you have been supplying grey coloured handles.
Chris at eSpares says...
The original White handle Stock Number: ES543770 is no longer available. However this will at least allow you to repair the machine.
The handle that opens the machine door is broken, the door firmly shut with washing inside. I can see there maybe a way to tip machine and go up inside (from base of washing machine), however, im not sure how to release catch from inside. I can see the spare handle parts are for order, but how can i unlock / unload and open the door in order to replace the broken handle?
Rory at eSpares says...
Hi charliecat, to open a locked dishwasher, you simply need to use your finger as the handle mechanism. You should be able to fish around in the handle cavity and find the button which, when pushed, unlocks the dishwasher. Press it down, and the washer should pop open.